Thursday, June 24, 2010

Really, K? You Missed a Day ALREADY??

To be fair to myself, I was under duress. I mean, looming interviews pretty much make life obsolete. I needed time to focus on how unfocused I was. Which brings me to:

It went OK. Just OK. I thought there were going to be all these technical questions, so I kept waiting for them...and then there weren't. I didn't elaborate on what I should have because I was saving the big guns (i.e. lengthy answers) for voltage questions or pressure problems with over-tightened houses or how many pascals to calibrate a blower door to. So, I kind of sucked, and they only asked me about stuff I should have RULED at. Ridic. Fortunately, I don't actually hate my job or anything drastic, so I'm not exactly wounded over not being at the top of my game. Disappointed in myself, but I'm not crying. Or drinking.

What I did do this evening in lieu of crying/drinking: got a spray tan with S.M. in Grand Rapids. I don't know where you are, but it's raining here. Good thing I wore a sundress and she wore booty shorts. Spray tans + Rain drops = Cheetahs. In a weak attempt at to prevent morphing into another species, we tore garbage bags open and wore them home.

Then we realized we couldn't unroll the windows in the car without rain dripping in. Ordering at Caribou was a debacle of Guantanamo Bay proportions. Since I needed Darjeeling tea, it was a treat to watch S.M. try to articulate that through a one inch crack in her window. The end of that was kind of like this: "WHAT THE (bad word) DOES SHE THINK I'M SAYING??? DOES SOMETHING ELSE IN THE WORLD SOUND LIKE DARJEELING?"

We lived through that. We had another minor incident @ her dad's house when S.M. rolled down my window to yell to her pops while I screamed "SHUT MY WINDOW?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" like a banshee. Nothing like spotty broads screaming at each other in a car. Welcome to Keewatin.

In the end, we won't know if we are girls or wild cats until tomorrow. I'll let you know.

*p.s.
a really great pic of S.M. and myself wearing garbage bags exists, and I am unhappy right now that I know that I would be skinned alive and said skin would be sold to Cruella DeVille or a devout Michael Jackson fan should I post it. Sadface.

No comments:

Post a Comment