Friday, September 17, 2010

Boom! Ice broken.

Another ice breaking post...I refuse to be intimidated by the length of time that lapses between one post to the next. Refuse.

These are the things I need you to know from this silent time we've had:

I am not painfully thin, yet. And God is still hiding from me. I'm flirting with becoming a Muslim. Non-practicing, of course. I can't devote time to real religion.

Wicked is the best thing ever. People are saying this all the time, I know, but you should start believing them. My girly friend, BKJ, and I went two weekends ago. My mind was blown by the wonderfulness. The music, the plotline, the pace, the costumes, the actors, the theater (the Orpheum, Mpls)...amazing.



The Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the MN Science Museum is good, but I liked the IMAX about "Arabia" even better. Both of items make me pine for the middle east, anyway.

The Saint John's Bible was on display at the museum, as well...I didn't think I would find this interesting, but it was completely gorgeous.

KCjo is in public school now. It's ok...minus the flannel pant wearing 300 lb. moms with suckers and friends at orientation. (?) WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY


Baby E looks a lot like Whitney Houston's stalker in The Bodyguard these days. Crazy eyes, crazier hair.

I am going to watch T's band play tonight in St. Paul at Station 4. There will be a bus and a lot of beer. I'm very nervous. I'm not very good at drinking beer all day. Especially after book club night. Uffda. He is excited, though, and it should be fun anyway.

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for a post! Although I do not want the pressure of a blog post to be looming over your head every day, I do check quite often ( okay, daily) and I am glad to see some words here! There hasn't been much action on the blog pages I frequent. That bible is CrAzy! Handwritten???? How do they run that on exhibit, because I am most certain you can NOT touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! i am so happy that anyone in the whole world looks at my mindless drivel.

    the display of the bible had pages in giant glass cases. no touching! i am going to recruit lindsay l. to do a triptych or mural for me based on some of the styling i saw in it. when i have money. and after i bring it up to her. :)

    ReplyDelete